By Teri Kirk
One of the most important aspects of securing funding for your growing business is always being on the lookout for new opportunities. Here’s a roundup of can’t-miss new or revised government funding programs that were announced this month:
- SMART Advanced Technology for Global Growth Program: This notice will be of interest to many manufacturers in Mississauga! This highly popular program, funded by FedDev Ontario and administered by Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME), has almost entirely committed its funding budget. The application intake for the program will now close at 11:59pm on Sunday, July 31, 2016. Only the best projects may receive funding. Any applications submitted after this time will be declined, but they will be held in the database for future evaluation should additional funding become available.
- Aboriginal Economic Development Fund: This fund, which supports new jobs and economic growth for Indigenous communities across Ontario, was renamed as the Indigenous Economic Development Fund. In addition, the Province will invest $70M over the next seven years to extend the fund, originally launched in 2014.
- SD Tech Fund: This is big news for cleantech businesses! Applications to this fund will now be accepted year-round by Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC).
- Health Technologies Fund: Ontario’s $20M Health Technologies Fund (HTF) is now accepting applications until Sept. 16 to support the development of leading, market-ready, made-in-Ontario health technologies by accelerating prototyping, evaluation, adoption and diffusion in the Ontario healthcare sector.
- Connecting Links: This program will accept applications until Oct. 21 from municipalities to help repair their roadways and bridges.
- Oil and Gas Clean Tech Program: Canadian cleantech companies and other organizations are invited to submit a proposal to the $50M Oil and Gas Clean Tech Program by Sept. 7. Projects selected under the fund will demonstrate industry-led clean technologies that, once commercialized, could be more widely adopted across the oil and gas industry to improve environmental performance and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions both domestically and globally.
Stay tuned for more funding programs for your business in next month’s post!
Teri Kirk is Founder and CEO of Funding Portal. You can reach her by email at [email protected].