MISSION AND VISION
Our mission is to connect, champion and advance Mississauga businesses.
Our vision is to be the pre-eminent voice for business and trusted champion of economic prosperity in Mississauga.
We have realized this by:
✓ Enabling business growth & increased competitiveness among Mississauga businesses
✓ Being widely recognized as the “go-to resource” to help businesses overcome roadblocks to growth
✓ Continuing to be financially stable with strong revenues.
PRIORITIES FOR 2023 - 2025
Optimize Advocacy and Government Relations Offering to Enable Business Growth and Competitiveness.
Advance Our Value Proposition Through Targeted Programs and Connecting Diverse Membership Segments.
Be the Champion for Economic Leadership Through Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships.
Build Financial Capacity to Drive Organizational Growth and Impact.
Optimize Advocacy and Government Relations Offering to Enable Business Growth and Competitiveness
1. Seek input from members on issues of top importance to their business growth and success. Identify the key policy areas of focus annually, at municipal, provincial, and federal levels of government.
2. Review and strengthen policy committees: areas of focus, structure, representation, and process. Explore opportunities to introduce MERG / MBOT task forces, working groups, policy councils to address specific policy and/or regulatory matters impacting business growth.
3. Expand upon opportunities to engage with and educate elected officials and policymakers at all levels. Continue in-person events and member meetings with committees, Council and FPT politicians.
4. Partner with City of Mississauga, MBEC, EDO on key initiatives.
5. Build coalitions and partner with key organizations as appropriate on selected issues (w/business, associations, community orgs etc.)
6. Become trusted source of data gathering to ensure public policies and regulations (e.g. red tape reduction) are considering the impacts on all sizes and types of businesses in Mississauga
*Urgent items in bold