INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR AWARD
The Inclusive Employer of the Year Award will be presented to a Mississauga business that Fosters a workplace culture that promotes diversity, educates staff about equity-deserving groups, and creates a supportive and welcoming environment for all people. This company demonstrates creativity and solutions-based strategies to accommodate persons with diverse abilities throughout the interview, hiring, training, and on-boarding process. This organization provides ongoing support and commitment to helping employees be successful in their roles and cared for as a person. It compensates employees with diverse abilities fairly and equally, pursues opportunities to train, mentor, and promote within the organization, demonstrates a commitment to hiring inclusively repeatedly over time and promotes inclusive hiring and best practice amongst the local business community.
Award criteria quick reference:
1. You may be nominated for up to three categories.
2. Previous winners are not eligible to be nominated for the same award for a three-year period.
3. The organization may only win one award.
4. To qualify, you must have Mississauga based business.
5. Franchise(s) are not eligible unless otherwise specified.
Criteria for Eligibility & Selection:
1. Demonstrates leadership and commitment to employee training, education, and professional development.
2. Fosters a positive workplace culture.
3. Provides fair compensation and benefits.
4. Embraces workplace diversity.
5. Commitment to fostering innovation, growth and development of new employee programming and services that meet the changing needs of all employees.