There are two major steps employers can take to help protect the health and safety of employees, customers and visitors.
- Make changes that support the four core behaviours that help prevent spread of COVID-19.
- Consult with provincial guidance and Peel Public Health guidance
- Put into action the recommendations in the Provincial Workplace Safety Plan Guide.
Four Core Behaviours:
- Workplaces have an important role in creating safe spaces that make the following behaviours easier for employees, visitors and customers to do. These behaviours include (See attached list of resources):
- Physical distancing,
- Wearing a mask or face covering when physical distancing is difficult,
- Proper hygiene and cleaning, and
- Screening and testing.
- Consult with sector-specific provincial guidance
- Consult with Peel Public Health Guidance:
Workplace Safety Plan Guide:
- This guide provides a step-by-step template to help you develop a COVID-19 safety plan specific to your workplace.
- Also, important to note is that extended closures can affect water quality in buildings and facilities. If you’re a building owner or manager, get guidance for safely reopening a facility’s drinking water and wastewater systems.
For more information, please call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700, or in Caledon at 905-584-2216. Call centre hours at 8:30 am to 6:30 pm, 7 days a week, or visit us online. Also attached is a list of general resources.