Join one of Canada’s most dynamic Boards of Trade/Chambers of Commerce
ADMINISTRATIVE AND DOCUMENT CERTIFICATION OFFICER
Established in 1961, the Mississauga Board of Trade (MBOT) proudly serves as the leading business association for the sixth largest city in Canada and the third largest city in Ontario. Mississauga is the home of approximately 55,000 businesses, including over sixty Fortune 500 Canadian head offices, which together employ more than 400,000 people.
As a large, vibrant and active board/chamber, MBOT delivers a wide variety of high quality business programs, services, benefits and events, to support the development and connectivity of businesses and is an influential voice on policy issues impacting business. We play a strong policy and government relations role, and engage with other leading stakeholders to impact economic prosperity and quality of life in the community.
As part of our ongoing success, MBOT is now seeking a dynamic, creative and energetic individual to join the team.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, we invite you to apply in confidence by submitting your resume and cover letter by email to: [email protected] by April 16, 2021.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Title: ADMINISTRATIVE AND DOCUMENT CERTIFICATION OFFICER
Reports to: Executive Assistant and Document Certification Manager
Salary Range: $42,000 + (Commensurate with Experience) plus Excellent Health Benefits
Location: Mississauga Board of Trade Office, 77 City Centre Drive, Suite 701, Mississauga ON L5B 1M5
PLEASE SEE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant and Document Certification Officer
Reports To: Executive Assistant/Document Certification Manager
To perform various administrative functions, including providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities which help to advanced MBOT’s strategic objectives.
- Document Certification
- Office Administration
- Meeting Room Scheduling
Document Certification Officer
- Assist the Document Certification Manager
- Reviewing, signing, and certifying export documents
- Commissioner of Oath Service- taking affidavit, examining identification and witness signatures as per clients’ needs
- Online Certifications
- Invoicing Clients and collecting payments
- Answering document related questions
- Follow risk management procedures
- Updating document certification records on a daily basis- scanning and e-filing.
- Updating waivers data base -scanning e-filing
- Updating Identification for Commissioner of Oath data bases
- Provide administrative support:
- Finance: mailing out invoices, processing credit card payments for renewals, new memberships, room rentals etc., preparing nightly deposit paperwork
- Membership: communicating with members, data entry and lookup of member information (using Atlas System), mailing of membership related materials and membership certificates, etc.
- Assist Vice President with committee scheduling, distribution of minutes and agenda to committee members
- Scheduling office service calls with vendors, i.e. equipment failures, carpet cleaning etc. as per the office maintenance schedule and as needed
- Ordering supplies and keeping all office stocked with materials necessary for day-to-day function
- General office duties including filing, scheduling couriers, faxes, photocopying, ordering supplies, processing incoming and outgoing mail, organizing deliveries, storage and shredding of confidential documents etc.
- During COVID, this position is responsible for the care and control of COVID-19 protocols, including management of visitor registration and sanitizing visitor areas.
- Initial contact person at the Mississauga Board of Trade (MBOT), greet visitors in a professional and courteous manner
- Answering all incoming telephone calls and directing calls to the appropriate person
- Checking general voicemail box/ and general e-mail
- Updating customer collateral available in the office
- Attending to end of day duties
- Close out payment processing systems
- Complete finance reports
- Electronic deposit of cheques received
- Coordinating all meeting room reservations and recording details in the appointment calendar, invoicing and processing payments
- Boardrooms; preparation for meeting room use, servicing and cleaning
- Tracking guests and employees visiting the office
- Post-secondary or equivalent education
- Proficient in office administration and well organized
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with instructions
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Thrives at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-constrained team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional acumen
- Energetic and customer focused
- Proficiency using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible working hours