General Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintains internal books
- Communicates with suppliers
- Processes membership applications
- Process purchase invoices and payments
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Create and update accounting and administrative process charts
- Completes expense statements.
- Active management of membership backend
- Process on line payments
- Supports the preparation of a variety of standard and/or special reports on weekly / monthly / as required basis.
- Process payroll
- Prepare year end records for auditors
- Prepare support documents and sub schedules for monthly financial statements
Competencies (Behavioral and Functional)
- Minimum 2+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Membership association experience preferred
- High proficiency with Quickbooks, MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounting an asset
- Advanced experience with excel
- Ability to work with numbers (i.e. Accounting and/or math skills).
- Able to work with limited supervision and to take discretionary action as required.
- Initiative paired with sound judgment to make decisions within established criteria
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one‑on‑one or group situations.
- Ability to make presentations on financial topics within the competency.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Organized, methodical – structure workflow in order to accomplish multiple and changing priorities within specified timeframes.
- Able to handle competing priorities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Committed – personally involved and dedicated to company’s success. Approaches work assignments in a determined reliable and flexible manner.
- Analytical – takes a logical approach to analyzing problems, conducting research on behalf of Executives, organizing work and planning action.
- Proactive – anticipates and initiates action to meet needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
A/P | A/R | Invoicing | Bi-Weekly Payroll
Benefits Comprehensive company paid benefits.
Job Type Part Time – Mon to Fri – 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Salary $25.00 / hour
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)
Education Post Secondary or equivalent
To apply for this role, please send your resume to [email protected]