By Teri Kirk
In my last post, I discussed how the process of finding and securing funding for your business can (almost) entirely be done online. But what if your business isn’t quite ready to go that extra mile and secure funds?
Earlier this summer, I was invited to give a TEDx talk in Toronto on the topic of “How Capital Markets are Yielding to the Web”. One of the most shared segments was 5 tips for entrepreneurs to learn more about the funding marketplace before securing an investment. I’m now pleased to share these tips with you below.
5 Tips to Get Your Company Fund Ready
• Tip 1: Find a disruptive solution to a compelling problem in the market.
• Tip 2: Invest in other companies before you invest in your own.
• Tip 3: Raise as much money as you can, as early as possible.
• Tip 4: Financing is a process, not a task.
• Tip 5: Use today’s technologies to take time, cost, and complexity out of the financing process.
Watch the video below to learn more about how you can apply each of these lessons.