Behind every popular tourism locale is a team of people tasked with showcasing its virtues. Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) are critical to creating a tourism strategy that ultimately drives increased economic impact across the setting’s business sectors – from transportation to hotels, restaurants, retail, and beyond.
Established in June 2019, Tourism Mississauga was formed as the official DMO for the City of Mississauga. Tourism Mississauga is a division of the municipality, made up of industry professionals and governed by a Board of Directors from across the tourism sectors that help drive the strategic direction.
As the regional DMO, Tourism Mississauga is responsible for driving over-night stays, showcasing the very best that Mississauga has to offer, including its vast array of local businesses, events and attractions.
Tourism Mississauga’s funding comes from the Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT) collected by the city’s hotels. These resources are then reinvested towards executing the Tourism Master Plan, a strategy for tourism marketing and the development of services that deliver quality experiences for visitors as a destination.
“As Mississauga’s DMO we share a commitment to enhancing our community and supporting local businesses by driving tourism,” said Victoria Clarke, CEO of Tourism Mississauga. “When we showcase one facet of our city through destination marketing, we contribute to an economic boost that creates a ripple effect across all of our industries.”
Finding new ways to work with local businesses is a key priority for Tourism Mississauga. If you would like to get involved with us, here are FIVE easy ways you can get to know your DMO:
- Engage with us online: Follow @VisitMississauga on social media and share our content to help spread the word about our incredible local attractions.
- Sign-up for our stakeholder newsletter: Stay in the know about local tourism campaigns, sector-specific programs, and industry updates.
- Get featured on our website: List your restaurant, attraction or event on the VisitMississauga.ca website. Contact our team to see how we can help.
- Join the #MississaugaMade marketplace: Sign-up at MississaugaMade.ca, for our FREE local business directory designed to promote and celebrate all local businesses, products, artists, and entrepreneurs across Mississauga.
- Share your ideas, comments and feedback: Participate in our stakeholder surveys or reach out to us directly to let us know your thoughts about how we can help improve local tourism.
We look forward to hearing from you and continuing to serve Mississauga’s businesses!